Thursday, September 24, 2009

Proposal Story



We left Saturday September 19, 2009 for Mackinac Island to celebrate Brent's birthday.On the ferry ride over Brent gave me a present. It was a letter, maps of the island, a compass, the hotel reservations and a box with a lock. The letter explained that when we got to our hotel I had to go to the front porch-- We stayed at the Inn on Mackinac! Once there he gave me envelope 2 which had a letter with two coordinates I had to use to find out where we would start our trip. Soon we were on our way to Lookout point. Once we got up there he made me tie a bowline knot. After many tries I finally got it and he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. He gave me a speech about how he wasn’t a traditional kind of guy and since he was in charge of picking the ring he got one that was yellow gold with red, green, and blue stone (one he know I wouldn’t like) I was so surprised I didn’t realize I hadn’t said yes until he asked what my answer was. That is when I got letter number 3. This explained that I had to answer the 12 questions all about Mackinaw Island by biking all over the island. With every correct answer my ring was upgraded to one he knew I would like better. I received a total of 18 rings. Once I had all the questions answered I could add up all the numbers I had and get the code to the lock box. That is where the ring was! I had it in my back pack all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment